Important Note: The Service Academy Board meeting for all prospective nominees will take place on November 4, 2023. Please mark your calendars. Meeting with the board is a requirement for all applications.
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Each Member may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
• U.S. citizen or national;
• Must be an Oklahoma resident;
• At least 17 years of age and not yet 23 years old on July 1 of the year the applicant would enter an academy (25 years old for USMMA);
• Unmarried; Not pregnant, and without legal obligation to support children or other dependents
• Meet the academic, physical, medical, and all other eligibility requirements of the respective service academies
To apply, please download and fill out this application form.
Completed application packets must be received in the Claremore office by 5:00 pm October 20, 2023. No exceptions. Send all requested information to: The Honorable Josh Brecheen Service Academy Nomination Board 223 W Patti Page Blvd Claremore, OK 74017